At Targeted DNA, we collect several types of Personal Information. We collect this information from you when you purchase from us, use the Website, create a personal account, complete surveys or forms, and communicate with us. We will not use your Personal Information without your consent unless: (i) the information has been anonymized or aggregated so that you cannot reasonably be identified as an individual; or (ii) a legal obligation requires us to use it in some way e.g. a court order requires us to disclose the information.
We collect three primary types of Personal Information through the Website:
1. Registration Information is information that we collect from you when you initially purchase from us. Examples of such information include your name, age, zip code, and contact information, such as an email address. We also collect your credit card information to process payments.
2. Your genetic profile is created when you purchase one of our DNA tests which is analyzed and processed through our CLIA-certified third-party testing laboratory. Our laboratory partner analyzes your specific SNPs related to our proprietary genetic tests and destroys your sample after 30 days. No information is shared with any 3rd parties by our testing laboratory.
3. Targeted DNA will not sell, rent, or license your personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes unless we receive your express consent to do so. We may use the information we collect from you when you sign up, purchase products, respond to a survey or marketing communication, or surf the Website in the following ways:
• To personalize your Website experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings to which you seem most interested.
• To allow us to better serve you in response to your customer service requests.
• To quickly process your transactions.
• To administer a promotion, survey or other Website feature.
We use your registration information to authenticate your Website visits, to assist with your purchases, and to communicate with you about information and products. We may also use this information to offer you services and products that may be of interest to you. We use your genetic test results to provide you with personalized product recommendations. We may include your anonymized test information and self-reported information in disclosures to third parties for the purpose of research or other applications, but no identifying information will be shared without your prior knowledge and consent.
Targeted DNA may share your Personal Information under confidentiality agreements with other companies that work with, or on behalf of, Targeted DNA to provide products and services, such as a cloud hosting service or a document storage company. These companies may use your Personal Information to assist Targeted DNA in its operations. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information. Targeted DNA will provide information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes as required by law. Targeted DNA will also provide information in order to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Targeted DNA may collect information about your interactions with the Website and may combine this information with other information about you in order to customize your online experience with us. The information we automatically collect may include your IP address, referring URLs, browser and device characteristics, browsing behavior (e.g., date and time of visit, length of visit, clicks on product information or other content), and your response to our email campaigns (e.g., whether and when you open our email, the links you click).
Please note, however, that while Targeted DNA understands the critical importance of data security and has endeavored to create a secure and reliable Website for users, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from the Website via e-mail cannot be guaranteed. The Targeted DNA Website is not designed for, nor intentionally targeted for, children under 18 years of age. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 18. No one under the age of 18 should submit any Personal Information to Targeted DNA.
Our Website is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any Personal Information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Website and/or providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to this transfer. If you no longer wish to participate in our program, you may close your account by sending a request to email@example.com.
Targeted DNA may still use your anonymous biomarker data for any research endeavors for which you have consented although no information will be personally identifiable to you. If your Personal Information changes, you may correct or update your registration information via your profile page. You may also correct any self-reported information entered into a survey or form by emailing a request to customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org and including what you would like to change.