Are your products tested on animals?
- None of our products are ever tested on animals.
Are your products paraben/phthalate/gluten free?
- All products are paraben and phthalate free.
- Almost all (19 of 21) of our products are gluten free.
Are your products made in the United States?
- Yes! Our products were developed and manufactured in the United States.
How does the process work?
- Taking the Targeted Skin Genetic Test is surprisingly easy: You collect a DNA sample from the inside of your cheek which will be sent off for analysis at our CLIA-certified laboratory.
- After the data is analyzed, a user friendly report is created which evaluates critical aspects of your DNA. Using our proprietary algorithm, we select specific products to address your greatest areas of risk.
- Your individualized test results are accessed through your account.
How will I receive my DNA results?
- You will be able to access your results via a secure link within your account. You will be notified via email when your test is completed and the link is ready to be viewed.
Should I continue to use my old products or my new genetic regimen?
- That is up to you! Our products are comprehensive and designed to address all of your skin care needs but there is no harm in continuing with specific products you like.
How long does it take to see results once I start using the product?
- You may begin to see changes after as soon as 7 days! Generally, you will notice results within 30 days with regular use.
- After you send in your swab, take a ‘before’ picture so you can monitor your progress!
Is the Targeted Skin regimen easy to follow on a daily basis?
- Each customized regimen has: (1) a cleanser, (2) a toner or scrub, (3) a serum, (4) an AM moisturizer, (5) a PM moisturizer.
- The products are numbered with the appropriate step and the directions clarify whether they are to be used in the morning or evening.
Why aren’t eye products and/or SPF included in the kits?
- These products do not relate to your DNA testing and are therefore not included in the kits. We have these products available for individual purchase as amazing add-ons!
Is there a specific genetic test for the skin under your eye?
- There are no genetic markers that give us information specific to the skin around the eye versus your overall skin genetics at this time.
With regard to the eye products, are they ‘eye creams’ or serums?
- Luminous Eye Cream has a thicker cream-like texture that smoothes the appearance of wrinkles and leaves the skin looking plump and supple.
- Diminishing Eye Serum contains active peptides and encapsulated retinol making it a complete formula designed to improve the appearance of crow’s feet and frown lines.
What does Targeted Skin do with my DNA results? Are they destroyed? Used for research?
- We only test for the skin-related genetic markers. No other DNA testing will be performed on your specimen.
- We will keep your DNA swab in our lab for up to 30 days in the unlikely event of needing to re-run your test. After 30 days, your DNA swab is permanently destroyed.
- Your genetic results are retained for your retrieval indefinitely. Your actual genetic details and questionnaire information are retained anonymously in our research database. All personal information is stripped for your personal protection and the information is used for ongoing skin research.
What if I don’t like the product? What is your refund policy?
- We offer a full money back guarantee if you don’t love our product within the first 30 days. Any skin care product can be returned, regardless of whether it has been used.
- Our DNA Test is not refundable. Because your DNA does not change, once your results have been received, you have the information forever and can utilize it for life!
See our full Refund Policy here.